Longton

Address: Bethal Church , Dunrobin Street, Longton, Stoke on Trent, ST3 4NA

Class times: Wednesday evening

Junior Class: 6.50pm to 7.50pm

Senior Class: 8.00pm to 9.00pm

Instructors: Dave Woodward (1st Dan)

Tel: 07999 099 843 for more details

Stay up-to-date: If you want to be kept up-to-date with the Longton club by email, please enter “email me” or any other comment in the Leave a Reply form, and check the “Notify me of follow-ups via email” box before clicking “Post Comment.”

Advertisements
Comments
  1. helen@buxton says:

hi guys just got confirmation on date for seminar at sneyd green , stoke on trent , 30th November, 10am till 1pm, looking forward to seeing you there Helen@buxton

2. helen@buxton says:

hi guys its Helen@buxton, its been a while but I’ve got news of senior black belt, slightly earlier than last year. the date is 2nd November and the seminar is to be confirmed so I will be in touch. looking forward to seeing you there. H

3. jason roe says:

Hi.I would.like to give ju jutsu a go for self defense and fitness.I wad wondering if I could come to a class one evening to get a feel for it.i am forty two and of average fitness.I have done some martial arts in the past but would like to start with a fresh slate.
    Many thanks
    Jason

4. helen@buxton says:

hi guys just an update on the Butokukai annual martial arts Seminar, 15th &16th March @ Sneyd Green, 10am-4pm, seniors £16 day/ £26 wknd juniors £8 day/ £12 wknd. tea, coffee, water and squash will be provided, please bring with you a light lunch. Arts to be represented – aikido, aiki jitsu, boxing, ju jitsu, karate, kung fu, katori uk and weapons. The instructors, many of whom have trained under the Japanese Masters, will be teaching their particular art.
    Brian (Skippy) Whipps kyoshi BSKA 7th dan aikido
    Billy Griffiths kyoshi BKJJA 7th dan ju jitsu
    Frank Brownsword Mokuroku shoden tenshin shoden katori Shinto ryu
    Terry Boorer renshi BKJJA 6th dan ju itsu, 3rd dan dai nippon butokukai
    Granville Steele USA renshi daishizen goju ryu, instructor cabales sarrada escrima
    Tong Liu sifu Founder and chief instructor of the Chinese kung fu organisation
    Ross Noble renshi BSKA 5th dan aiki jitsu 3rd dan aikido,3rd dan karate, black sash wing chun
    Stewart Cook renshi BSKA 5th dan karate jitsu, 5th dan karate, 1st dan aiki jitsu
    Richard Tunstall renshi 5th dan kaeshi ryu kempo ju jitsu
    Roy Smith sensei 5th dan aikido
    Mark Hassall sensei BSKA 4th dan karate
    Eduard Buzila Germany 3rd dan ju jitsu, 2nd dan all style karate, hakko ryu ju jitsu and kobudo
    Kevi Goodby sensei BKJJA ju jitsu
    Vicky MacLean reiki Master, tendai ryu reiki
    and guest instructors, students please if possible to bring their boken, jo staff and bo staff. looking forward to seeing you there Helen@buxton

5. helen@buxton says:

hi guys had a great day at this years seminar and dan grading, it was awesome and had great feedback, exciting news, an event has been organised 15th & 16th March, sneyd green dojo, 10am- 4pm, there will be visiting senseis of various disciplines, Granville from America, Ed from Germany, Frank, Tong Lee, Ross Noble, Skippy etc. 1 day £15 and 2 days£25 all proceeds going to charity, any queries ask your senseis for my number, looking forward to seeing you soon. Helen@buxton

6. Matt Hains says:

Hi, I’m just after a bit more information if possible. I’m 33 have an average level of fitness have zero experience and would like to improve my core strength lose a bit of weight and generally learn how to defend myself. Can you tell me if you cater to these needs or do you lean towards training fighters? Can you also tell me costs involved and what to wear. Plus do I just turn up?

7. helen@buxton says:

hi guys just got this years date through for dan grade and seminar, will be held at sneyd green dojo 24th November 10am start. looking forward to seeing you all there Helen@buxton

8. shane woolley says:

Hi is the Longton training time still wedensdays 8 till 9? I am currently looking for a new club as my previous club closed. Also do you all train at different clubs throughout the week? As Blurton and Werrington do different nights? Shane Woolley

9. hi dave, just a quickie to let you know that a date has been set for dan grading, 25th november, @ sneyd green primary school, stoke. 10am start. helen (buxton)

10. Alan Lewis says:

Hi Dave – I’m currently training for my 1st Dan at Andrew Smith’s club in Alsager and I’m looking for an option for a 2nd night to bolster my efforts prior to the gradings in November… Would it be ok for me to come along to this club for some extra training? Do you have anyone there who’s also training for the dan gradings this November? Cheers. Alan.